- A commendation given to a candidate in an examination or competition who is not awarded a prize: the project received an honourable mention in the 1991 awardsMore example sentences
- Two honorable mentions were awarded in this year's competition.
- A winning prize, as well as an honorable mention will be awarded to recognize their efforts.
- The judges also awarded several projects with honorable mentions.
More definitions of honourable mentionDefinition of honourable mention in:
- The US English dictionary