- A publicly issued list of people and the distinctions they are to be awarded, especially (in the UK) a list of awards and titles conferred by the sovereign at certain times of the year: the New Year’s Honours ListMore example sentences
- The honours list includes a knighthood for another leading figure in the media world, Bob Phillis, who is chief executive of the Guardian Media Group.
- But the 82-year-old was quite happy to settle for a Commander of the British Empire award from the Queen in her birthday honours list last week.
- A health and safety campaigner from a Keighley voluntary organisation has been awarded an MBE in the honours list.
More definitions of honours listDefinition of honours list in:
- The US English dictionary