- Privileges granted to a capitulating force, for example that of marching out with colours flying.More example sentences
- Grant the opposing armies the ‘honors of war,’ tell them what a fine job they did, make their defeat ‘civilized’ so they can survive the war institutionally intact and then work for your side.
- These conditions were observed and the garrison allowed to march out with the honours of war.
- Known as the Acre Convention, and signed on 14 July, its terms were generous to the Vichy French who had fought so hard, and they were accorded all the honours of war.
More definitions of honours of warDefinition of honours of war in:
- The US English dictionary