nounUS • informal
- A car, especially an old or dilapidated one.More example sentences
- After I fight for 20 minutes with the ice covering my hooptie, I get in and pull off into the winter mess.
- A hottie driving a $700 Cadillac hooptie gets a Rolls Royce grill and a third brake light that flashes hearts.
- Various things make for some nice hood ornaments on a hooptie wagon with no wheels whatsoever.
1960s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of hooptieDefinition of hooptie in:
- The US English dictionary