- 1A cornucopia.More example sentences
- Loren's reading list of poets is getting ever longer, like the horn of plenty, holding something delicious, as well as nourishing, for poetry lovers with different appetites
- My breasts were the female equivalent of the horn of plenty.
- That way, in the run up to Petrovden the horn of plenty will flow over the electorate - cheap local telephone calls, cheap train tickets, bigger salaries and cheap central heating.
- 2An edible woodland mushroom with a funnel-shaped cap that bears spores on its greyish outer surface, found in both Eurasia and North America.
More example sentences
- Craterellus cornucopioides, family Cantharellaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- Antonio Carluccio's delicious little Wild Mushroom Beignets are for those lucky enough to know where to gather chanterelles, boletuses and horns of plenty.
- We were not alone; it seemed as if every local was out, basket in hand, prodding and picking a selection of ceps, chanterelles or horns of plenty.
- On the menu was ptarmigan breast baked in horn of plenty mushrooms with caramelised apples, poached onions and broad beans, served with Calvados sauce and potato cake.
More definitions of horn of plentyDefinition of horn of plenty in:
- The US English dictionary