- A venomous nocturnal snake with an upright projection over each eye, native to the sandy deserts of North Africa and Arabia. It moves in the same way as the sidewinder.
More example sentences
- Cerastes cerastes, family Viperidae
- When it slithers, the horned viper slides sideways across the sand in what is known as sidewinding.
- The name horned viper comes from the small scale-covered horns just above the eyes of this particular snake.
- The horned viper can grow to lengths of up to 2 ft.
More definitions of horned viperDefinition of horned viper in:
- The US English dictionary