- The caterpillar of a hawkmoth, which has a spike or ‘horn’ on its tail.
More example sentences
- Family Sphingidae: several genera and many species, in particular pests like the tobacco hornworm (Manduca sexta) and the tomato hornworm (M. quinquemaculata)
- Aphids, whiteflies, hornworms, and even field mice are more visible and more easily controlled when you don't have to battle them in a tangle of ground-hugging vines.
- Protect your plants from damage caused by frost, wind, pests (aphids, hornworms, potato beetles, slugs, and snails), diseases (Fusarium wilt, early blight), animals, hungry or mischievous kids, and jealous neighbors.
- While some members of the Berytidae family are beneficial and prey on crop pests such as aphids, mites, cotton budworm, and tomato hornworm, others are serious pests of tomato, cotton, and cacao.
More definitions of hornwormDefinition of hornworm in:
- The US English dictionary