Definition of horripilation in English:
noun[mass noun] literary
The erection of hairs on the skin due to cold, fear, or excitement: [count noun]: a horripilation of dread tingled down my spine
More example sentences
- With this discharge - which occurs either as a humoral emission or a thermal one (horripilation, shivering) - pre-existing accruals of emotions are also eliminated.
- We are investigating ways to mimic horripilation using patterning techniques to create regions of ordered and disordered polymers.
- His physical body is being attacked by weakness of limbs, parchedness of throat, horripilation and hair standing on end.
- my skin horripilatedMore example sentences
- The tenth étude, marked Allegretto alla Barbaresca, is a thrilling and horripilating polonaise.
- My neck hair horripilates and the blood goes to my face.
- We move, with a horripilating grinding of gears.
Definition of horripilation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan