noun[mass noun] literary
The erection of hairs on the skin due to cold, fear, or excitement: [count noun]: a horripilation of dread tingled down my spine
More example sentences
- With this discharge - which occurs either as a humoral emission or a thermal one (horripilation, shivering) - pre-existing accruals of emotions are also eliminated.
- We are investigating ways to mimic horripilation using patterning techniques to create regions of ordered and disordered polymers.
- His physical body is being attacked by weakness of limbs, parchedness of throat, horripilation and hair standing on end.
- my skin horripilatedMore example sentences
- The tenth étude, marked Allegretto alla Barbaresca, is a thrilling and horripilating polonaise.
- My neck hair horripilates and the blood goes to my face.
- We move, with a horripilating grinding of gears.
Definition of horripilation in:
- The US English dictionary