- 1Engaged in a contest but not competing for a prize: he has won the maximum of three gold medals and has been designated hors concoursMore example sentences
- The programme in the Berlinale Palast will be rounded off by five more productions running hors concours.
- With few events fitting in to the Team's competitive calendar, Lucinda rode Tennyson and Koyuna Sun-Glo hors concours to give them each a novice run, while Prada was once again in with a genuine shout at the top spoils.
- The Trieste Contemporanea Committee for 2006 intends to invite hors concours a group of designers to present a project or a prototype for a glass jewel.
French, literally 'out of the competition'.
More definitions of hors concoursDefinition of hors concours in:
- The US English dictionary