Definition of horseback in English:
Mounted on a horse: [as adjective]: a horseback parade [as adverb]: they rode horseback along the trail
More example sentences
- We stop by the lake for a coffee and takakau (Maori bread) before one last ride up the hill to finish our horseback journey.
- Other activities include boat cruise, bush dinners, lion walks and encounter, crocodile farm tours and horseback safaris.
- But I do travel a lot, and riding horseback is a great way to see a country from a different perspective.
- Mounted on a horse: a lady on horseback rode up to the houseMore example sentences
- There were no casualties, but that little skirmish was a bit of history: it was the last time the British Army rode into battle on horseback.
- I point out to him that the queen no longer rides on horseback during the ceremony, but uses a carriage.
- At eleven years old he rode fifty miles on horseback to a farm on the banks of the Rakaia River.
Words that rhyme with horsebackoutback
Definition of horseback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan