adjective & adverb
Mounted on a horse: [as adjective]: a horseback parade [as adverb]: they rode horseback along the trail
More example sentences
- We stop by the lake for a coffee and takakau (Maori bread) before one last ride up the hill to finish our horseback journey.
- Other activities include boat cruise, bush dinners, lion walks and encounter, crocodile farm tours and horseback safaris.
- But I do travel a lot, and riding horseback is a great way to see a country from a different perspective.
- Mounted on a horse: a lady on horseback rode up to the houseMore example sentences
- There were no casualties, but that little skirmish was a bit of history: it was the last time the British Army rode into battle on horseback.
- I point out to him that the queen no longer rides on horseback during the ceremony, but uses a carriage.
- At eleven years old he rode fifty miles on horseback to a farm on the banks of the Rakaia River.
More definitions of horsebackDefinition of horseback in:
- The US English dictionary