Definition of horseback in English:
Mounted on a horse: [as adjective]: a horseback parade [as adverb]: they rode horseback along the trail
More example sentences
- But I do travel a lot, and riding horseback is a great way to see a country from a different perspective.
- After that she never rode horseback in the parade again.
- We would ride so far and so long when I was a kid, that I would fall asleep horseback and fall off.
- 1on horseback
- Mounted on a horse: a lady on horseback rode up to the houseMore example sentences
- There were no casualties, but that little skirmish was a bit of history: it was the last time the British Army rode into battle on horseback.
- I point out to him that the queen no longer rides on horseback during the ceremony, but uses a carriage.
- At eleven years old he rode fifty miles on horseback to a farm on the banks of the Rakaia River.
Words that rhyme with horsebackoutback
Definition of horseback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.