adjective & adverb
- Mounted on a horse: [as adjective]: a horseback parade [as adverb]: they rode horseback along the trailMore example sentences
- The only other users you should encounter on the trails are other horseback riders and hikers.
- Use of defective tack is not a risk of horseback riding that an equine provider is unable to eliminate.
- You represent all trail riders when on the trail and how you act influences people's opinions of all horseback riders.
- Mounted on a horse: a lady on horseback rode up to the houseMore example sentences
- There were no casualties, but that little skirmish was a bit of history: it was the last time the British Army rode into battle on horseback.
- So bad was it that a local man rode on horseback to Newtownbarry to fetch the police.
- My mother had to ride out on horseback through the flood waters to her birthplace to bury him.
More definitions of horsebackDefinition of horseback in:
- The US English dictionary