A large predatory leech of freshwater and terrestrial habitats which feeds on carrion and small invertebrates.
- Genus Haemopis, family Hirudidae
More example sentences
- These men were looked upon as ‘ravening wolves, horseleeches and shearers,’ from whom no man was safe.
- As the horseleech is never satisfied, often continuing to gorge itself until it bursts, so self-love is never contented, crying ‘Give, give.’
- Pistol once again brings attention to the seamy side of war, in his declaration that in France they will be like horseleeches, sucking blood.
More definitions of horseleechDefinition of horseleech in:
- The US English dictionary