noun• archaic or • humorous
- A car.More example sentences
- Cars were originally horseless carriages, and early models looked suitably carriage-like; only later did car designers realise that cars could be almost any shape they wanted to make them.
- We have inherited a Victorian infrastructure and road plan which did not take into account the horseless carriage and almost universal car ownership.
- These statements are like saying that a car is a horseless carriage.
More definitions of horseless carriageDefinition of horseless carriage in:
- The US English dictionary