An insectivorous Old World bat with a horseshoe-shaped ridge on the nose.
- Family Rhinolophidae and genus Rhinolophus: numerous species
More example sentences
- One threatened species, the lesser horseshoe bat, was only detected on organic farms.
- The ears of another kind of bat, the horseshoe bat, cannot hear sounds the same pitch as their own calls, but can hear the echoes because they are slightly lower in pitch.
- Each female greater horseshoe bat can produce only one offspring at a time, said Brock Fenton, a biology professor and bat expert at the University of Western Ontario.
Definition of horseshoe bat in:
- The US English dictionary