Definition of horsewhip in English:
A long whip used for driving and controlling horses.
- Vicious black-eyed figures in long dark cloaks with white neck collars and black horsewhips marshal the procession.
- ‘Her father told me, ‘I'm sorry horsewhips are a thing of the past,’ ‘Charles recalls, still pained by the memory.’
- It's not a lack of editorial courage but, one is fairly certain, long experience with the architects with purple faces and metaphoric horsewhips.
verb (horsewhips, horsewhipping, horsewhipped)[with object] Back to top
Beat (a person or animal) with a horsewhip: she would horsewhip them mercilessly
More example sentences
- It was a joke that, were it up to me, would lead to him being instantly horsewhipped until he can bleed no more.
- He was horsewhipped for speaking out and, with a bruised and bleeding body, was eventually taken in by the police.
- All I suggest is that she be horsewhipped for putting a full stop wrongly outside a bracket.
Definition of horsewhip in:
- US English dictionary