- The socket of a golf club head which the shaft fits into.More example sentences
- Seve cut his sticks to length, whittled a point in the slender end and drove it into the hosel - the round socket at the top of the iron head.
- It's frustrating to see players get near the green in regulation, then start circling it to the right, clanking a bunch of chip shots off the hosel.
- I recently broke the shaft of my 3-wood at the hosel.
late 16th century: diminutive of hose, in the dialect sense 'sheathing'.
More definitions of hoselDefinition of hosel in:
- The US English dictionary