- A bun marked with a cross and containing dried fruit, traditionally eaten on Good Friday.More example sentences
- According to superstition, hot cross buns and loaves baked on Good Friday never went mouldy, and were sometimes kept as charms from one year to the next.
- There was a taster session of some wine, fruit juice, cakes and hot cross buns.
- This includes exotic bread and delectable cakes, as well as tarts and pies, to say nothing of hot cross buns and Easter eggs.
More definitions of hot cross bunDefinition of hot cross bun in:
- The US English dictionary