noun[mass noun] informal
The fervent propounding of religious beliefs; zealous evangelism: [as modifier]: hot-gospel preachers still claim a popular following
More example sentences
- The station's programming is nonconfrontational, and hot gospel shows are all the rage.
- Lyman speaks like an old-time, American hot gospel preacher, and yet at the same time is so sincere and convinced of the correctness of his beliefs that he has influenced even hardened meat-eaters.
hot gospeller noun
- Example sentences
- This is the style of hot gospellers preaching to the convinced but can convince none other.
- He also killed as an evangelical hot gospeller, praying to the Lord to ‘share the booty.’
- The pioneer of American religious broadcasting was not a Protestant hot gospeller, but a devout Catholic Archbishop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.