- A spring of naturally hot water, typically heated by subterranean volcanic activity: the area is noted for its hot springs, steam jets, and geysersMore example sentences
- The belief is that early life lived deep underground or deep in the ocean, in volcanic hot springs.
- We visited a hot spring with water coming directly from the volcano and ate at a soda bar near the base of the volcano, where the clouds cleared long enough so we could watch it erupt in the moonlit night.
- It is full of craters - it has thirty active volcanoes - hot springs, and geysers.
More definitions of hot springDefinition of hot spring in:
- The US English dictionary