(US also hot-water bag)
- A flat, oblong container, typically made of rubber, that is filled with hot water and used for warmth, especially for warming a bed.More example sentences
- Early in 1929, Dorothy accidentally burned Jane with a hot-water bottle.
- Use a hot-water bottle, or warm a sock filled with grain or flaxseed heated to a comfortably warm temperature in the microwave or oven.
- We're warm now, and hot-water bottles are no more.
More definitions of hot-water bottleDefinition of hot-water bottle in:
- The US English dictionary