Definition of hotlink in English:
1A connection between documents or applications which enables material from one source to be incorporated into another, in particular a facility which automatically updates material in a document when an alteration is made to the document from which it originated.
- So far at least ten webmasters have hot links successfully enabled on their web pages.
- A wizard leads users through the steps required to upload images on a Web site and add GIS functionality such as zooms, pans and hot links.
- Participants will be charged a flat, annual ‘space’ fee of $2,500 that includes hot links and keyword search capabilities.
1.1A hypertext link.
- There's also tighter integration: for example, you can highlight hot links in mail messages to launch the browser.
- Over 3,000 vendor listings in 270 categories, such as drying and dehumidification of paper and microfilm records, are featured, along with hot links to vendor Web sites.
- The alert comes in with the name of the author, the blog, the first few lines of the content and a hot link to the source.
verb[with object] Back to top
Connect (two documents) by means of a hotlink.
- How long before keywords in messages are hot-linked to sponsored sites?
- Sutherland says that information produced by teams was hot-linked to the other models, so that the entire 3D database was coordinated in dimensional and locational attributes.
- A massively revised list, with approximately 70 hot-linked entries, is now available here.
Definition of hotlink in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan