- A flat heated surface (or a set of these), typically metal or ceramic, used for cooking food or keeping it hot: he scrubbed the oven and hotplateMore example sentences
- The stunning yellow kitchen with its five ovens, flat and ridged hotplates, Aga, huge granite work surface and bewildering equipment is alien territory.
- Sometimes items such as bacon, steak, or eggs are cooked on a metal hotplate, and are also said to be ‘griddled’.
- The thin sections were floated in water on a glass slide and melted onto the slide surface using a hotplate.
More definitions of hotplateDefinition of hotplate in:
- The US English dictionary