- A casserole of meat and vegetables, typically with a topping of sliced potato.More example sentences
- Traditionally-made hotpots have vegetables and water or stock added all at once and are put straight into the oven for long, slow cooking, but I prefer to add extra flavour with some light pre-frying.
- Beef is the most commonly used meat, in soups, barbecues, and hotpots.
- She reckons about 50 per cent of what they produce is homemade - minced lamb hotpot, chilli con carne, spaghetti bolognese, that kind of stuff - plus a mean chicken pie.
More definitions of hotpotDefinition of hotpot in:
- The US English dictionary