noun (plural same or houndfishes)
- A large garfish of warm inshore waters, which leaps from the water and skitters over the surface when disturbed.
More example sentences
- Genus Tylosaurus, family Belonidae: several species
- Stephanie was standing in chest-deep water when a houndfish flew out of the water and stabbed her in the neck with its spearlike nose.
- It was very slow. we only managed to land one houndfish and a bonito.
- A houndfish is a silver, saltwater, large needlefish with a green back, and whose jaws are equal in length.