A chiefly nocturnal cricket with a bird-like warble, native to North Africa and SW Asia. It has become established in warm buildings throughout Europe.
- Acheta domesticus, family Gryllidae
More example sentences
- Spiders were shipped to Toronto and reared in a reversed 12-h dark / 12-h light cycle on a standardized diet of fruit flies (Drosophila spp.) and house crickets.
- Both species were maintained on a diet of domestic house crickets.
- Several R2-less insect species, such as the European house cricket Acheta domesticus, have no insertion in rDNA.
More definitions of house cricketDefinition of house cricket in:
- The US English dictionary