A greyish-brown mouse found abundantly as a scavenger in human dwellings. It is widely kept as a pet or experimental animal, and has been bred in many varieties.
- Mus musculus, family Muridae
More example sentences
- Foxes, rabbits, harvest mice, house mice, dormice, shrews, weasels, and voles all depend on the hedgerows as a place to breed, hunt or shelter.
- With the zoo's high densities of rodents (deer mice, white-footed mice, house mice, shrews, moles, and Norway rats), a relatively high density of rodent predators could be achieved.
- The source of the infection appears to involve exposure to the urine or feces of common house mice or rodent pets (such as hamsters).
Definition of house mouse in:
- The US English dictionary