Live in and look after a house while its owner is away: I’m house-sitting for a friend of a friend
More example sentences
- But, by a quirk of fate, she had agreed to house-sit for a friend in the north of the Caribbean island and, although the roof was blown off, they were unhurt.
- When there's absolutely no one at home, Papa house-sits for us, since he lives right down the hall, which would be the reason why I called him.
- Our children no longer live in Thailand, so we have nobody to house-sit for us.
- Example sentences
- A bunch of home-grown flowers makes the perfect gift for your neighbourly house-sitter, and you never know, when it's their turn to travel, they might do the same for you!
- In some cases, if you have a pet and choose to hire a reputable pet-sitter or house-sitter, this can be your contact person.
- I am fairly happy in my own company but I feel these years are as important to me as they are to him and that I have become little more than a house-sitter or caretaker to our property.
Definition of house-sit in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.