Definition of housebuilding in English:
The trade or activity of building houses.
- He has also sought to rebalance the business, building up its housebuilding and property development arms and de-emphasising the focus on pure contracting work.
- Hunting was primarily a male activity everywhere, housebuilding and agriculture primarily female, while work with livestock varied among ethnic groups.
- Construction and housebuilding is one industry that can be badly affected by a recession.
- Example sentences
- It is expected to announce tomorrow it has strengthened its position in the English housebuilding market with the purchase of another north of England housebuilder for around #30 million.
- It is a boom fuelled by constraints on planning consents for housebuilders plus relatively low interest rates for mortgage borrowers.
- Speculation has grown around other firms in the building products sector - and a handful of housebuilders.
Definition of housebuilding in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia