(also how-de-do or how-d'ye-do)
- 1A greeting.More example sentences
- Miss Darcy's nervousness was plain from her gentle "How do you do?"
- Tang said at that time he thought the only way to greet a person was to say, "How do you do?"
- Upon introduction, it is proper to say "How do you do," not "Hi" or " Hello "!
- 1.1 • informal An awkward, messy, or annoying situation: a fine how-do-you-do that would be!More example sentences
- Well, that's a fine "how do you do."
- Isn't that a fine how do you do.
More definitions of how-do-you-doDefinition of how-do-you-do in:
- The US English dictionary