- A climbing or sprawling evergreen shrub with ornamental foliage and waxy flowers, native to SE Asia and the Pacific and grown as a greenhouse or indoor plant.
More example sentences
- Genus Hoya, family Asclepiadaceae
- Less vigorous a climber, but with equally intriguing pale pink flowers is the hoya, one of the easiest vines to grow in a pot.
- He enjoys his climbing hoya and the photo of his enormous cabbage.
- Other house plants to enjoy growing this way include wandering Jew, hoya, English ivy, trailing philodendron, Hawaiian ti, and, of course, lucky bamboo.
modern Latin, named after Thomas Hoy (circa1750–circa1821), English gardener.
More definitions of hoyaDefinition of hoya in:
- The US English dictionary