- Denoting a system of air transportation in which local airports offer flights to a central airport where international or long-distance flights are available.More example sentences
- Further giving this concept fuel is the current state of the airlines, including the inefficient hub-and-spoke system, flight delays and intrusive airport security, not to mention service, or lack thereof, once aboard the airliner.
- ‘The hub-and-spoke system is inherently more expensive to run than point-to-point,’ explained Jack Stephan, spokesman for the Air Line Pilots Association.
- The highly centralized hub-and-spoke system - centralized for the airlines, not us - now regularly bifurcates and often trifurcates even an hour's flight time as the crow flies into a four-hour series of legs.
More definitions of hub-and-spokeDefinition of hub-and-spoke in:
- The US English dictionary