noun (plural same)
- A large, slender non-migratory fish of the salmon family, which lives only in the Danube River system.
More example sentences
- Hucho hucho, family Salmonidae
- At the latest count, some 110,000 tonnes of fish, including the rare Danube sturgeon, the huchen, and 18 other protected species, have been killed.
- Miraculously, my permit was renewed the following year and - I'm cutting the story short here - I caught three huchen - none of them giants, the best around 15 lb as far as I remember.
- The purpose of the introduction of the huchen to Spain was angling for a valuable trophy game fish.
early 20th century: from German.
More definitions of huchenDefinition of huchen in:
- The US English dictionary