noun (plural huis)
- 1(In New Zealand) a large social or ceremonial gathering.More example sentences
- We have to organise a hui, and this time we're Tangata Whenua Ki Muri - working behind the scenes, doing the catering etc.
- Our first practicum for our marae course was to organise a hui, and my role was head chef.
- I am thinking about the time not too many years ago when Government officials attended a hui in Ruatoria with Ngati Porou, and the presiding official officially handed back Hikurangi Mountain to Ngati Porou.
- 1.1(In Hawaii) a formal club or association.More example sentences
- Membership advantages include monthly newsletter, discounted ticket prices for Hui events and culture courses free of charge.
- The Hui 'O Hawaii Club was first brought together by Jody Sakaba last spring.
Maori and Hawaiian.
More definitions of huiDefinition of hui in:
- The US English dictionary