- A line of people formed for passing things quickly from one site to another: the cleared rubble was passed in buckets along a human chain of minersMore example sentences
- Without a thought for his own safety, Mr Crighton swam out to the children and pulled them from danger while Hannah, his wife Joy and a friend quickly formed a human chain to bring them in to the shore.
- City security chief Greg Meffert said he was awakened to help form a human chain to quickly unload a state police truck filled with food.
- A Nato spokesman in Islamabad said that, by organising villagers into human chains - to pass buckets of water to the house - the British forces helped stop the flames spreading to the rest of the hillside.
More definitions of human chainDefinition of human chain in:
- The US English dictionary