- 1Relating to the humerus: a humeral fractureMore example sentences
- The examiner must check for associated injuries, including proximal humeral fractures, avulsion of the rotator cuff, and injuries to the adjacent neurovascular structures.
- The treatment of stable proximal humeral fractures (those displaced less than 1 cm) consists of a shoulder immobilizer to prevent external rotation and abduction.
- They surmised that the bone formation was caused by repetitive mechanical stress to the proximal humeral epiphysis during growth.
late 16th century: from French, or from late Latin humeralis, from Latin humerus (see humerus).
More definitions of humeralDefinition of humeral in:
- The US English dictionary