noun (plural humeri /-rʌɪ/)Anatomy
- 1The bone of the upper arm or forelimb, forming joints at the shoulder and the elbow.More example sentences
- The rotator cuff is made up of a ring of muscles and ligaments that joins the head of the humerus to the shoulder joint.
- The elbow joint is formed by three bones; the humerus, radius, and ulna.
- The humerus is the largest bone of the upper extremity.
late Middle English: from Latin, 'shoulder'.
More definitions of humerusDefinition of humerus in:
- The US English dictionary