Definition of humid in English:
Marked by a relatively high level of water vapour in the atmosphere: a hot and humid day
More example sentences
- The southern swamplands have the lowest rainfall but are humid and oppressive all year.
- Because if it is, then I can confirm that it's not just relatively humid, but very humid.
- We might need to move them later, but at least they're now out of the hot and humid atmosphere of the sun room.
- Example sentences
- It is humidly tropical along the coastal plain, cool in the western mountains, and rather dry and hot on the flat and sometimes rolling northern savanna (treeless plains).
- Her flimsy tee-shirt clung humidly to her body.
- Outside, the air hung humidly upon people rushing from place to place under the hot Chicago sun.