Definition of humid in English:
Marked by a relatively high level of water vapour in the atmosphere: a hot and humid day
More example sentences
- The southern swamplands have the lowest rainfall but are humid and oppressive all year.
- Because if it is, then I can confirm that it's not just relatively humid, but very humid.
- We might need to move them later, but at least they're now out of the hot and humid atmosphere of the sun room.
- Example sentences
- It is humidly tropical along the coastal plain, cool in the western mountains, and rather dry and hot on the flat and sometimes rolling northern savanna (treeless plains).
- Her flimsy tee-shirt clung humidly to her body.
- Outside, the air hung humidly upon people rushing from place to place under the hot Chicago sun.
Words that rhyme with humidtumid
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.