Definition of humidify in English:
verb (humidifies, humidifying, humidified)[with object]
Increase the level of moisture in (air): a regulated flow of humidified air
More example sentences
- The water bubbler humidified the air to minimize desiccation.
- We previously showed that subjects with seasonal allergic rhinitis, out of their allergy season, had a reduced ability to warm and humidify air compared with normal subjects.
- Even if you live in the mountains or desert - habitats usually unfriendly to dust mites - you may have dust mites in your home if you humidify your air.
- Example sentences
- Several studies have found symptoms to be associated with central air conditioning with or without humidification.
- Many wood furnaces also are designed to burn coal, and some have blowers for increased combustion temperatures as well as optional evaporation pans for humidification.
- All three office buildings were mechanically ventilated without humidification.
Definition of humidify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia