Definition of humify in English:
verb (humifies, humifying, humified)[with object]
Convert (plant remains) into humus: plant material added to the soil has first to be humified
More example sentences
- Composting radically transforms various organic substances, it mineralizes the readily assimilable materials and humifies them into more complex compounds.
- Wormcast has been ‘processed’ by our worker earthworms which humify the soil enabling the nutrients within the soil to be made available to the plants but slowly released.
- Example sentences
- A Slovenian company has developed a highly efficient humification of all kinds of biological sludge.
- The content of carboxylic acids in the humic acids had increased after humification for about a year.
- The soil carbon cycle shows the sources and sinks for atmospheric carbon dioxide, with an emphasis on the two-stage process of humification.
Words that rhyme with humifytumefy
Definition of humify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.