Definition of humiliating in English:
Making someone feel ashamed and foolish by injuring their dignity and pride: a humiliating defeat
More example sentences
- Soon they were joined by many soldiers who judged the agreement humiliating.
- The Opium War, also called the Anglo-Chinese War, was the most humiliating defeat China ever suffered.
- He was trapped, there was no way the commitments could be reduced without humiliating admissions of defeat.
- Example sentences
- The fact is that executing people, unless you do it publicly, horribly and humiliatingly, has no deterrent effect.
- A notice to this effect was humiliatingly nailed to the door of one of Brighton's principal churches.
- He's been a drug addict and a vagrant, and was once humiliatingly pursued by police over an unpaid cafe bill.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan