- A migratory day-flying hawkmoth that makes an audible hum while hovering in front of flowers to feed on nectar.
More example sentences
- Macroglossum stellatarum, family Sphingidae
- Like any nectar-gathering insect the hummingbird hawkmoth takes part in the pollination of flowers.
- This timing could indicate that the hummingbird hawkmoth has been able to over-winter in this country.
- In the summer there are numerous species including skipper butterflies and hummingbird hawkmoths.
More definitions of hummingbird hawkmothDefinition of hummingbird hawkmoth in:
- The US English dictionary