Definition of humorous in English:
- The Web site also contains hilarious photos, humorous comics and cartoon strips.
- There seems to be an unwritten law that football songs should be comic or humorous, or at least not too serious.
- My initial thoughts were to write this story in a dark, humorous way to ensure entertaining reading.
- He rolls his eyes while he says this and Annie senses the entirety of his humorous tone.
- My parents were very humorous so they let it slide and made a joke out of it because none of the charges were enforced.
- I just have to put on a funny walk so everyone else thinks I'm being humorous rather than feeling the aftereffects.
Note that although humor is the American spelling of humour, humorous is not an American form. This word is spelled the same way in both British and American English, and the spelling humourous is regarded as an error.
- humorousness noun
- Example sentences
- He manifested a continual subtle humorousness like some stream of life.
- Immediately after each scene, participants were asked to rate humorousness of the scene on a scale ranging from neutral to extremely funny.
- We instructed the participants to read each one and to indicate its humorousness by providing a rating from 1 to 5 in the space next to it.
Words that rhyme with humoroushumerus, numerous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.