nounNorth American • informal
- Wednesday, regarded as the the midpoint of a typical working week: it’s hump day and perhaps the toughest day of the week for you Wednesday is hump day, Thursday is the unofficial beginning of the weekendMore example sentences
- Together, along with their fantastic touring band, they made this week's hump day a wonderful one, and helped me go into work Thursday morning with a smile, though I was quite sore from all the dancing.
- It's Wednesday night, which means two things - hump day has come to an end and the music scene in Ballarat is about to come alive.
- In general, though, Hump Day is the worst day to post; interactions on Wednesday are 7.4% lower than average.
More definitions of hump dayDefinition of hump day in:
- The US English dictionary