- Haunches: he was sitting on his hunkersMore example sentences
- Rebekah got down on her hunkers beside one of the lemurs and she patted him.
- They only dried up when the women, quite forcefully, had Mary sit down on her hunkers in water that was already there and so couldn't have been much warmer than the stream outside.
- I was joined on my hunkers by a number of other diners, but we resisted the temptation to start a Russian folk dance as we strained to view what was on offer.
mid 18th century (originally Scots): from hunker.
More definitions of hunkersDefinition of hunkers in:
- The US English dictionary