Definition of hunting dog in English:
1A dog of a breed developed for hunting.
- Apart from his family she added that he was passionate about his 15 Saluki hunting dogs, which he bred and are now being cared for by several friends.
- His article describes some of his investigations into the origins of the Saluki, a hunting dog related to the Afghan Hound.
- Rick's wanted to get a Rottweiler or some other hunting dog for a long time, but our landlord doesn't allow dogs.
2 (also Cape hunting dog) An African wild dog that has a dark coat with pale markings and a white-tipped tail, living and hunting in packs.
- Lycaon pictus, family Canidae
- In African wild dogs, some individuals will chase the prey, and may even change leaders during the chase.
- The maligned African wild dog, which kills by disemboweling, has been driven close to extinction.
- The African wild dog's instinct to roam widely is bringing it into lethal contact with humans.
Definition of hunting dog in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan