Done in a hurry; rushed: I ate a hurried breakfast
More example sentences
- The sole sign of perturbation was in her hurried breathing.
- A leisurely overland trip to Pusan took three weeks, hurried trips ten days.
- Police say they wanted to clarify initial accounts which were based on hearsay, hurried details from dispatchers.
- Example sentences
hastily, speedily, quickly, fast, rapidly, swiftly, briskly, expeditiously, without delay, in haste, in a hurry, at a run, at a gallop, at top speed, at full tilt, at the double, as fast as possible;informal at a lick, like the wind, like greased lightning, like a bomb, at warp speed, like mad, like crazy, like blazes, double quick, in double quick timeNorth American informal lickety-split
- They ate quickly and hurriedly set off again to get away from the site of the ambush.
- Through the net curtain, legs walk past hurriedly on the pavement above.
- We passed hurriedly on, knowing that we stood near the brink of something dark and strange.
Words that rhyme with hurriedunworried
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: hur|ried
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.