Definition of hurried in English:
Done in a hurry; rushed: I ate a hurried breakfast
More example sentences
- The sole sign of perturbation was in her hurried breathing.
- A leisurely overland trip to Pusan took three weeks, hurried trips ten days.
- Police say they wanted to clarify initial accounts which were based on hearsay, hurried details from dispatchers.
- 1hurriedness noun
- Example sentences
hastily, speedily, quickly, fast, rapidly, swiftly, briskly, expeditiously, without delay, in haste, in a hurry, at a run, at a gallop, at top speed, at full tilt, at the double, as fast as possible;informal at a lick, like the wind, like greased lightning, like a bomb, at warp speed, like mad, like crazy, like blazes, double quick, in double quick timeNorth American informal lickety-split
- They ate quickly and hurriedly set off again to get away from the site of the ambush.
- Through the net curtain, legs walk past hurriedly on the pavement above.
- We passed hurriedly on, knowing that we stood near the brink of something dark and strange.
Words that rhyme with hurriedunworried
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.