adjective[attributive] US • informal
- Showing, involving, or requiring haste or urgency: [attributive]: this dish is especially good when you’re in a hurry-up dayMore example sentences
- Unfortunately, as you could probably guess, the room was pretty packed, so I only got to play losing, hurry-up poker for about 45 minutes and again, no hands of note took place.
- When I woke it was much later than I had expected, and everything's been double-time and hurry-up since then.
- But it should be obvious that next year's hurry-up primary season puts an absolute premium on early momentum.
More definitions of hurry-upDefinition of hurry-up in:
- The US English dictionary