- 1 (Hush Puppies) • trademark Lightweight casual shoes made of soft suede or leather.More example sentences
- Pinstriped oxford shirt, brown hush puppies and wire frame glasses adorned this man who also looked in his mid thirties.
- He removed her hushpuppies and replaced each of them with a white in-line skate.
- The hush puppies are very comfy.
- 2US Small cakes of maize dough which are quickly deep-fried.More example sentences
- In the southern states catfish fillets are usually dredged in cornmeal and fried, to be served with hush puppy and coleslaw.
- Quenelles are more appropriate to a fine-dining dinner plate than the classic spoon-dropped hush puppy, but the winning recipe was too moist to hold a quenelle shape.
- They have the smoothness of a beignet, the heft of a hush puppy, and they're spiced with cayenne pepper and little shreds of Italian ham.
More definitions of hush puppiesDefinition of hush puppies in:
- The US English dictionary