- Used to express approval or delight: someone yelled ‘Huzza!’More example sentences
- I was pretty English-white when I got back, so I've burnt a lot, but that's tanning quite well, and my sexy tan line is back in action, huzzah!
- The best Canadian novel about insects is back in print - huzzah!
- His keyboard skills are to be saluted, and I have been promised a copy of his band's CD, huzzah!
verb (huzzas, huzzaed, huzzaing)[no object] Back to top
- Cry ‘huzza’: he huzzaed at the top of his voiceMore example sentences
- Most of the time they seem to have gathered ‘in great concourse,’ huzzahed when appropriate, and gone home to illuminate their houses to show approval.
- If this is all so, then huzzah for whichever presidents have selected the cheaper option.
- They huzzah as they reached the outskirts of Starla.
late 16th century: perhaps used originally as a sailor's cry when hauling.
More definitions of huzzaDefinition of huzza in:
- The US English dictionary