noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A viscous fluid carbohydrate present in connective tissue, synovial fluid, and the aqueous and vitreous humours of the eye.More example sentences
- Other therapies include corticosteroids, hyaluronic acid and glucosamine.
- The detachment occurs because following the surgical removal of the lens during cataract surgery, vitreous hyaluronic acid may pass into the anterior chamber and escape through the trabecular meshwork.
- These cells are fed elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid from the dermis and their function is to filter out impurities and to provide a smooth appearance.
More definitions of hyaluronic acidDefinition of hyaluronic acid in:
- The US English dictionary