- An automatic pump in which a large volume of water flows through a valve which it periodically forces shut, the sudden pressure change being used to raise a smaller volume of water to a higher level.More example sentences
- There is a device called a hydraulic ram, which causes water to flow uphill with no outside influences except the actual flow of water.
- Technicians used a customized hydraulic ram to stress the tendons to a predetermined gauge pressure corresponding to the design jacking force.
- Under this method the head of the crane is raised by means of a hydraulic ram so as to create a gap between the head of the crane and the mast.
More definitions of hydraulic ramDefinition of hydraulic ram in:
- The US English dictionary